UP Scholarship is an Online Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement portal by The Government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) at https://scholarship.up.nic.in. UP Scholarship scheme is an initiative by the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide scholarships to needy students so they can continue their studies without any problems. Every year, the State of UP provides scholarships to many deserving and needy students so that they can continue their studies without facing any financial problems. The government covers all the expenses related to the studies of the students and they are able to continue their education without any limitation. The scheme includes different pre-matriculation and post-matriculation scholarships for- GEN/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ Minority.
Eligibility Criteria for UP Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for UP Scholarship is as under:
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a school or college in the state of UP.
- For under the Pre-Matric scholarship category, the applicant must be enrolled in a school and studying in class 9th or 10th.
- For the Post-Matric scholarship category, the applicant must have passed class 10th (Matric) and enrolled in class 11th or 12th.
- For scholarships other than the Post-Matric ones, the applicant must have passed class 12th and enrolled in any higher education program.
- For 9th/10th Class(OBC, SC/ST, and Minorities) the annual income should not exceed Rs. 100,000 from all sources.
- For 11th/12th Class (OBC and Minorities) the annual income should not exceed Rs. 200,000 from all sources.
- For 11th/12th Class (SC/ST) the annual income should not exceed Rs. 250,000 from all sources.
Documents required for Uttar Pradesh Scholarship
The following documents are required for UP Scholarship:
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Address
- Passport size Photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Student ID
- Exam Mark Sheet
- Fee Receipt for Current Year/Admission Letter
- Bank Passbook
UP Scholarship Registration and Application Procedure
To make it easier for the applicant, the government of Uttar Pradesh has launched an online portal through which the applicants can apply for different scholarships under the scheme. Here is how you register yourself and apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the UP Scholarship Official Website.
- Click on the Student option and select Registration.
- Here, select the scholarship for which you want to apply for (For which you are eligible)
- Fill in all the required details. (Fields marked with asterisk* are mandatory)
- After filling in the details, click on Submit to complete the registration process.
Filling in the application form
- Once you have got yourself registered on the portal, it is now time to log in. Go to the home page of the portal, click on the Student option and select Fresh Login/Renewal Login.
- You will be asked to log in using your registration number, date of birth, and password. Log in to your account.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to a page containing important instructions regarding form filling. Make sure that you read all of those.
- Now, mark the tick box given at the end and click on Proceed.
- You will be taken to the User Dashboard.
- Click on Fill in the application form.
- Fill in all the required details in the form and click on Submit.
- You will be now required to upload all the required documents along with a photograph. Upload all the required documents and photographs.
- Now, read all the information before the submission of the form. Make sure that every detail and document that you provided is correct and genuine as there is no way to change or edit the form after final submission.
- Download a printout of the application form as you will have to provide it along with documents to your respective institute.
UP Scholarship Application Status
Here is how you can check the UP Scholarship Status
- Visit the UP Scholarship Official Website.
- Click on the Status option from the top menu.
- Choose your application year.
- You will be taken to a new web page. Here you will be asked to enter the registration number & date of birth.
- Enter the registration number & date of birth. Now, click on the Search button.
- If the given details are correct, then the scholarship application status will be shown and you can download a printout of the application for further uses.
Important Information Regarding Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Scheme
- Students of minority backward classes (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis) will apply in the Minority Welfare Department.
- Any applicant who is studying in a school/college that is blacklisted by the authority is not eligible for a scholarship under this scheme.
- Applicants are required to attach a hard copy of the bank passbook along with the application form.
- The information and documents provided must be original and genuine.
- Students who already have an account registered on the portal needn’t create a new account. They just have to renew their account.
UP Scholarship Scheme Helpline
If you face any problem during any step or have any query related to different scholarships, application status, and other things then you can contact on the following numbers.
For Backward Classes Welfare: 18001805131
For Minority Welfare: 18001805229